Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hello! My name is Stanley and I was recently adopted by a very nice family (they call themselves "owners" - I don't know what that is all about...). The same people also adopted my girlfriend, Stella, which was great because that means we can continue hanging out together! I am not sure that Stanley and Stella were our "real" names, whatever that means, but we are already used to our new names so there is really no reason to linger in the past.

Apparently our names our famous since they appear in a play written by someone named Tennessee (or possibly Missouri) Williams. They also made a movie of his play, A Streetcar Named Desire, where Stanley was played by an actor named Marlon Branded (or possibly Brando). He was nominated for an Oscar for the part. I'd like an Oscar too! I bet they are yummy!

Anyhow, you may wonder why a dog is blogging. First of all there is the rhyming thing.... dog-blog... That was just too cool to resist. Then there is the fact that not many dogs get to speak up in this world and we actually have a lot to say, about ourselves but also about the humans around us. You may also enjoy finding out what I am learning about life with our new family and how we are adjusting to living with an 8 year old boy who presently most likely is creating lego replicas of yours truly (or at least I hope so!).

No comments:

Post a Comment